Monday, January 17, 2011

Supersize finds at Big Mak!

I have a lot of food post backlogs. Things are getting a little wayward and I know that blogging about new discoveries will keep my sanity intact, i hope.

Last Christmas was spent in our Pangasinan home. It's been ages since we last did that. Blame it on my sister's hospital duties, and to our tradition that Post-Christmas Eve should be spent with visiting friends. So technically, I have to be in Manila. But, I digress. I really want to share my cheapo but yummy finds in Pangasinan.

Pangasinan vacations are always characterized by spending long hours on bed, stuffing ourselves to the brim with local delicacies and just discovering great finds.

This vacation is not an exception. My sister and I were playing Virtual Villager when boredom struck me. I knew right then and there that I had to get of the house and just "explore". Good thing, my sister was game so off we went to the town plaza (I can here my city friends snickering ;p).

Guess what we found? Two giants! Big Mak!, a local trailer type food chain (maybe a parody of the giant burger of this well-known fast food chain) was offering giant burgers and super long hotdog sandwiches. I forgot about the prices but they were cheap. Think below 100 bucks.
The Big Mak Giant Burger was huge but lacking in flavor. I didn't like the texture of the bread but it was quite filling. For its worth, I'm not complaining =)
Shobe taking a bite.

Next came Big Mak's Super Long Hotdog Sandich. This is probably the loooongest dog I've set my hands on (no pun intended. hehe). It measures 1 1/2 ft long. So if you think the footlong sandwiches in Morayta are the bomb, sizewise, you better think again ;p.


The hotdog sanwich was waaaay better than the burger. The hotdog did not have the usual snap that I want in my sausage but the bun was really soft so it kinda made up for that. 

Hmn, I'm wondering what they will supersize next =)

4 comments:

mark said...

I wanna try this...sa pangasinan lang meron nyan? :)

Posh said...

ang alam ko hindi e. pero provincial operations lang yata yan. haha

Anonymous said...

ah..haha..sayang naman :)

M A I A said...

i want that hotdog :D